Date: 2018-12-01 00:23:54
On today’s episode of Live Lean TV, I’m showing you how to make a tasty breakfast burrito recipe with bacon, that is so easy to make.
✔ Join Team Live Lean:
OTHER AWESOME COOKING RECIPE VIDEOS:
✔ How To Make A Quick And Easy Egg Salad Recipe (The Perfect Tasty Snack):
✔ Quick Breakfast Recipe With Eggs (Super Tasty Scrambled Eggs Recipes):
✔ How To Make An Egg Pizza At Home [Easy Low Carb Pizza Recipe]:
READ OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE:
✔ Blog Post:
Subscribe and Live Lean 365 days a year with us:
Although this is a higher carb recipe than we normally eat, it is a perfect breakfast recipe to make on the weekends for the whole family.
If you’re following a gluten free, keto, or paleo diet, you can always just eat it without the tortilla and the quinoa.
This tasty breakfast burrito recipe makes 2 servings.
Here are the breakfast burrito ingredients, the step-by-step recipe directions, and the nutrition information.
How to make a tasty breakfast burrito recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings : 2
– 1/4 cup quinoa (cooked)
– dash Sea Salt
– 2 strips bacon (diced)
– 4 whole eggs
– 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
– 1 cup Spinach (diced)
– 1 tbsp avocado oil
– 1 tortilla (optional)
– 1/4 cup salsa
– 1/2 cup avocado (sliced)
– 1 handful cilantro
1. If your quinoa is not already pre-cooked, add 1/2 cup of dry quinoa to a bowl, cover with cold water, add a cover, and let soak for 2 minutes. This helps remove the outer shell.
2. Add quinoa to a fine strainer and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds.
3. In a pot, add 1 cup of water, a dash of sea salt, and the quinoa. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to medium low heat simmer, and cover the pot. Wait 15 minutes, checking throughout. Once most of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, remove from heat and allow it to sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Use a fork to fluff up the quinoa and set aside 1/4 cup for this recipe, while placing the rest in tupperware, and storing it in the fridge for other recipes.
5. Next, add 2 strips of bacon to a frying pan heated over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side under crispy and brown.
6. Place the bacon on a paper towel lined plate and dab to remove the excess bacon grease.
7. Next, crack 4 whole eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
8. Dice up 1/4 cup of red onion and 1 cup of spinach into bite sized pieces.
9. Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to a frying pan over medium heat, then add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
10. Add the eggs on top of the onions, then the spinach, a 1/4 cup of the cooked quinoa, scramble together, and cook for another minute until the eggs set.
11. Dice up the bacon in bite sized pieces and add to the egg mixture.
12. Add a tortilla to a plate and top with 1/2 of the egg mixture. If you don’t want a tortilla, simply add 1/2 the egg mixture to a plate.
13. Top with 1/8 cup of salsa, 1/4 of chopped avocado, and 1/2 the cilantro.
14. Wrap up the breakfast burrito and enjoy.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
– Calories: 516
– Protein: 18g
– Carbohydrates: 39g
– Fat: 32g
If you enjoyed this tasty breakfast burrito recipe, you’re going to love over 200 other quick, healthy, easy, and affordable recipes just like this, at Team Live Lean.
Not only do you get access to our step-by-step cooking recipe videos, we also hook you up with a new meal plan and grocery list, using these recipes, every week.
Plus you’ll receive a new 30 day workout program every month with exercise demo videos for every workout.
✔ Join Team Live Lean:
WANT MORE DAILY TIPS ON HOW TO LIVE LEAN?:
Welcome to Live Lean TV. The online fitness and nutrition show, hosted by Brad Gouthro and Jessica Gouthro, teaching you how to LIVE THE LEAN LIFESTYLE 365 days a year. Watch hundreds of fat blasting & muscle building workouts, easy and delicious recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition tips to get you your dream body (and maintain it 365 days a year). Make sure you click the SUBSCRIBE button for 2 new fitness and nutrition shows every week!
Business Enquiries: [email protected]